- Play Blu-ray
- Does PS5, 4, and 3 Play Blu-ray Discs and How to Do It
- Latest – 6 Best Region-Free Blu-ray Players on PC and Mac
- [Ranked] 8 4K Blu-ray Player Software You Should Not Miss
- Top Blu-ray Player Software and Blu-ray Drives for Laptop
- Review of Leawo Blu-ray Player from 6 Perspectives
- How to Play Blu-ray with VLC and Fix the Playback Issues
- Playing DVD and Blu-ray ISO Files on Computer [5 Solutions]
- 10 Windows and Mac Blu-ray Players Review with Pros and Cons
- Top 4 3D Blu-ray Players for Immersive Playback at Home
6 Best ISO Players on Windows and Mac [Free & Paid]
As we all know, an ISO file is a copy of a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disc. It contains all sector data in the disc. An ISO file usually uses a .iso or .img extension, storing various video, audio, image, data, and software. Meanwhile, the quality of the ISO file remains the same as the file from the raw disc but with a smaller size.
If you create the ISO image from discs, you can easily make a backup, distribute the disc content, or creates a virtual drive on your computer. However, the ISO is not a common video or audio format, so you cannot play it directly. To play an ISO file, you cannot leave an ISO player. This article will introduce you 6 free or paid best ISO players.
|ISO Player||Platform||Max ISO Resolution||Easy to use||Interface||Over Rating|
|Blu-ray Player||Windows, Mac||4K||√|
|VLC Media Player||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux||1080p||×|
|KMPlayer||Windows, iOS, Android||8K||×|
|Kodi||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux||1080p||×|
Part 1. Most Professional ISO Player - Blu-ray Player
Pricing: Free trial up to 30 days.
Blu-ray Software picked Blu-ray Player as the most professional ISO player. This player is available on Windows 11/10/8/7 and macOS. It supports Blu-ray and DVD disc/folder/ISO image file playback. And it also can play Blu-ray and DVD directly. Besides, the ISO player supports over 350+ multimedia formats. Moreover, it offers various customized features, such as setting the playlist, selecting titles, chapters, subtitles, video tracks, etc. Free download this Blu-ray ISO player now!
- The user-friendly interface is easy to use for beginners.
- Enjoy high-quality playback from 4K UHD/1080p HD videos.
- Play various region-free Blu-ray & DVDs on PC and Mac
- Customize the ISO and video playback as you like.
- Need to purchase the professional version after the free trial.
How to play an ISO file on a computer
Step 1Add an ISO file
Install and run this ISO file player on your desktop. Then, click Open File to add your ISO file.
Step 2Play your ISO file
After that, the software will play the ISO file automatically. Besides, you can customize the Menu or Playlist.
Certainly, you can click how to play ISO files to get more specific steps.
Please upgrade to the pro version if you want to unlock full features. Then, you can play ISO or other files without any limitations.
Part 2. VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is a free ISO player across the platforms. It can support playing various file formats, including ISO, DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and other media files. And it also offers some basic editing features to adjust the video, including rotating, trimming, cropping, merging, and more. Meanwhile, it allows you to convert the ISO image to a standard video file, such as MP4, AVI, etc. With this media player, you can easily enjoy your ISO files.
- No ads and user tracking.
- Offers video and audio stream download options.
- Support previewing the output during conversion.
- Not support customizing the program interface.
- The interface is user-unfriendly for beginners.
Part 3. SMPlayer
SMPlayer is also a free ISO player for Windows 11/10/8/7 and Linux. It has built-in codecs that can play virtually all video and audio formats. And it can remember the settings of all ISO and media files you play, including audio track, subtitles, volume, etc. In addition, this ISO player adds external features, like playing YouTube videos and using an optional plugin to search for YouTube videos.
- Search for subtitles according to your video automatically.
- Advanced playback options, including applying filters and effects.
- The interface design is a bit old.
- Not provide built-in streaming capabilities.
Part 4. 5KPlayer
5KPlayer is one of the popular ISO file players. It can play your ISO files directly on Windows and Mac for free. And it supports video playback up to 1080p/4K/5K so that you can play ISO with high quality. Besides, it enables you to download videos from 300+ sites, including Vimeo and Dailymotion. It is your all-in-one solution if you enjoy watching videos and movies.
- Stream video via AirPlay & DLNA without quality loss.
- Support reading 10+ types of subtitles.
- Enable DVD playback.
- It is complex to use for beginners.
- Mac to Mac Airplay does not work smoothly.
Part 5. KMPlayer
KMPlayer is a free ISO player that supports ISO and various media playback. And it also can play all high-quality video, including 4K, 8K, UHD, and 60FPS. Meanwhile, it offers speed controls from 0.25× slower to 4× faster to adjust the playback speed for ISO files. In addition, it allows you to capture video in the desired format and take screenshots as you need.
- Support 3D video playback function.
- Download videos such as YouTube, Instagram, and Daily Motion.
- Support various media file formats.
- The apps have many built-in ads.
- Need to download extra software.
Part 6. Kodi
Kodi is one of the open-source ISO players that is available on multiple operating systems and hardware platforms. It can play your DVD movies in the .iso extension smoothly. And it also can support music, movies, and TV shows playback. Moreover, the player integrates a library to quickly manage your ISO and media files.
- Manage all your digital files in one space at home.
- Offer over 900 available add-ons.
- Create an active user community.
- The interface is user-unfriendly.
- The operating process is complex.
Part 7. FAQs about ISO Player
What is an ISO file?
An ISO file is a kind of disk image file. It is also an archive file that copies the disc's file system and data structure. Usually, it contains the specific contents of a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disc.
Can I play an ISO file directly on a DVD player?
No. DVD players cannot play any ISO files directly. You should burn an ISO file to a DVD to create a playable disc.
Can you burn an ISO with Windows Media Player?
No. You cannot use Windows Media Player to create or rip an ISO file from a DVD/CD. You can try other third-party programs to burn ISO files for playback.
Can you convert ISO to MP4?
Yes. If you have an ISO file and want to convert it to MP4, you can try some third-party DVD/ Blu-ray creators. Then, add an ISO file for conversion.
Why can't I copy an ISO to a USB?
It may be the ISO file size is larger than the USB storage. To copy an ISO to USB, please confirm that the USB has enough storage space to store the ISO file.
In this article, you get 6 great ISO players on Windows and Mac. Read the feature, advantages, and drawbacks of each one carefully. Then, pick out your favorite player to enjoy your ISO files. If you have other questions about ISO players, leave your comments below.